Stephen Harper has broken seven Conservative tax cut promises. Now he’s promising help for families after his next fixed election date in May 2015, making families wait in line for five years behind large corporations.
Why should Canadians believe Harper’s tax cut promise this morning?
Broken tax cut promises:
1. Eliminate the capital gains tax when the proceeds are reinvested within six months (2006 Platform).
2. Not tax income trusts (2006 Platform).
3. Develop tax incentives for developers to build affordable housing (2006 Platform).
4. The “Tax Back Guarantee” to pay down debt, achieve interest savings and apply those savings to personal income tax reductions (2006 Budget).
5. Reducing Taxes on Diesel Fuels (2008 Platform).
6. Allow families where one spouse is not working full-time in order to care for one or more family members with disabilities – whether children or adults – to split their
income between spouses for tax purposes (2008 Platform).
7. Enhance the Children’s Fitness Tax Credit by making it refundable (2008 Platform).
Liberal Party of Canada
Monday, March 28, 2011
Posted by Brent Fullard at 11:42 AM