Michael Ignatieff says that “Canadians deserve the truth”. So why don’t the Liberals tell Canadians that Harper lied about tax leakage and that Flaherty’s analysis is fraudulent. Enough already with the pablum....go for Harper’s jugular.
Liberal Press Release: Conservatives mislead Canadians on taxes
· The Conservatives are misleading Canadians by stating that Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff will raise taxes.
· Liberals will NOT raise taxes in a recession. We have no plan or desire to do so. Mr. Ignatieff has specifically stated that raising taxes in a recession would choke off economic recovery.
· This is a desperate attempt by the Conservatives to change the channel from their economic mismanagement that is responsible for leaving Canadians with a deficit well in excess of $80 billion.
· The Conservatives are the ones who need to come clean on the terrible fiscal situation that they have created, which includes no plan to clean up their mess.
· Under Prime Minister Stephen Harper, the Conservatives have squandered the prosperity achieved by the Liberal Party’s sound economic management and now Canadians are paying the price.
· Stephen Harper is the one who has been dishonest with Canadians on taxes. He said he was not going to raise taxes, but in his first budget, he raised the bottom income tax bracket from 15 per cent to 15.5 per cent.
· He also broke his word to Canadians when he imposed a new, punitive tax of 31.5 per cent on income trusts, after promising not to levy any new taxes on income trusts.
· Canadians know they can’t trust anything the Conservatives say.
· Liberals have cleaned up Tory messes before, and we will do it again.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Posted by Fillibluster at 3:33 PM