Canadians must trust.
That was the message delivered to me and probably a couple hundred thousand other Canadians who got sucker-punched by Stephen Harper on his income trust betrayal and who wrote to him in dismay. It took Harper three weeks to come up with that messaging. If you can believe it, Harper felt that his best argument after his blatant income trust betrayal, was to call upon Canadians’ trust. He must think we are as psycho as him.
Canadians must trust?
That doctrine has become increasingly more ragged since it was first spun back on November 23, 2006.
It is worth asking the question....how much trust has Stephen truly engendered in the hearts and minds of Canadians as a result of:
(1) Income trust betrayal?
(2) Firing of Linda Keen, Head of Canada’s Nuclear Safety Commission?
(3) Bribery attempt of Chuck Cadman, as revealed in Harper’s self incriminating tape recorded admissions?
(4) Now you see it, now you don’t, in and out taxpayer fraud?
(5) Farming out of food inspection to industry?
(6) Harper’s pending broken trust with Canadians over his fixed election date commitment?
No doubt, there are those resolute souls out there who think Harper is worthy of their ongoing trust. The skill testing question for them, is simply: Why?
Perhaps it's time for a new cult.
Might I suggest, "Canadians need answers"....starting with items (1) through (6), above.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Posted by Fillibluster at 10:30 PM