Monday, August 18, 2008

Maxine Bernier's Oath of Exemption


Privy Councillor Oath which is sworn as well as the Oath of Allegiance to the Queen on the day they become Cabinet Ministers:

I, (insert name) , do solemnly and sincerely swear that I shall be a true and faithful servant to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, as a member of Her Majesty's Privy Council for Canada. I will in all things to be treated, debated and resolved in Privy Council, faithfully, honestly and truly declare my mind and my opinion. I shall keep secret all matters committed and revealed to me in this capacity, or that shall be secretly treated of in Council. Generally, in all things I shall do as a faithful and true servant ought to do for Her Majesty. So help me God

Notice that there is nothing in here about doing good for Canadians? It’s 100% about ass-covering.

Question: Given that Julie Couillard is being blamed for the lapse of secrecy concerning confidential government papers left in her residence by Maxine, did Julie Couillard swear to this or did Maxine Bernier? My eyes were somewhere else at the time.

3 comments:

Dr Mike said...

Maybe it is time these clowns swore their oath to us---it is us who pay their freight & it is us who gets the short end of the stick when these guys mess-up.

Was the Queen affected by the income trust nightmare.

I somehow doubt.

I am sure she would have been warned ahead of time like the rest of the Conservative party that this thing was coming down the pike with us in the headlights.

Speaking of headlights!!!!!!


Dr Mike Popovich.

Anonymous said...

The question that no one wants to ask is this: is the entire situation acedemic because both of the parties have a high enough security clearance? I'm sure the Cons have been watching the Valerie Plame situation and don't wish to have a repeat...

Anonymous said...

"both of the parties have a high enough security clearance?"

Huh? That makes no sense.

Are both parties the Minister of Foreign Affairs?

Do both parties date biker chicks?

Do both parties leave sensitive documents around unattended for weeks on end in someone else's residence?

Please!

What does "security clearance" have to do with this issue?

Nothing.

Please get serious with your comments, or are you trying to "buy coverage" for Bernier's, hence Harper's, gross negligence?

Brent Fullard