Thursday, August 14, 2008

My investment advice for Roslyn




Subject:
Re: Question for Andy Willis: Is Stephen Harper in your Income Trust Hall of Shame?

Aug. 14, 2008:

Brent: Give that idiot, the real zinger.....if you purchased Canadian Oil Sand Income Trust in 1996, 500 units would have cost you $5,400. At this point in time, you have 2.000 units and in the year 2008, the distribution will be $10,000. Over the 12 years, I would say the returns have been in the vicinity off $72,000 (maybe more). My darling husband bought this one and I told him that oil sands were not the thing to buy. I hope he has forgiven me! LOL. I purchased 500 shares of Harvest Energy in 2002 and what a pity (they gave me a bonus of 5 shares) at $12.00....so the $6.000 brought about 10% first two years then it brought 42% for the next two and then boo hoo, it only returned 25% from then on. I am devastated. One of my companies Transforce (a trucking company went the corporate route) and I can't live on dividend of 2% so I sold it and made a profit of some 1300.00. Off he top of your head what can I invest in now! By the way Dion appears to be gaining in popularity in Quebec. The killing of our soldiers and civilians in Afghanistan is not boding well for Harper! Roz.


Roz:

My investment advice is that you should invest in the future. That would mean not voting Conservative, NDP or Bloc in the next election

Brent

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brent:

I'm a little confused about this one.

Could you provide a little clarification or context.

Regards.

Anonymous said...

Robert:

Are you serious? If so, please expand.

Brent Fullard

Anonymous said...

Call me "out-to-lunch", but who's Roz?

Ya, me be serious.

Anonymous said...

Robert:

Sorry. Roz is an 80 something widower living in La Belle Province, who is a CAITI member.

One of the faceless and otherwise nameless 2.5 million Canadians who were disenfranchised from a collective $35 billion of their life savings by Harper.....and the loss of an essential investment choice.

Roz is asking the obvious and inevitable question.....what do I invest in now?.....now that the trusts are all being taken away?

I gave her political advice, since I never give investment advice.

Brent Fullard

Anonymous said...

Brent:

Merci beaucoup.

I guess I was "reading" too much into it, thinking it might be some snarky defensive e-mail from an "S&M" mis-reporter.

I understand...political advice only.

Regards.